Any UF EDGE online course can also be taken as an individual class without being part of a degree or certificate program. This can be done as a non-degree seeking student.
Many students choose this option their first semester to try out the online course format. Under this classification, you will complete all course assignments and exams as a regular student and will receive a grade for the course. You can complete up to three qualifying courses as a non-degree seeking student and have them later transferred (pending departmental approval) to count towards your master’s degree if you receive the appropriate grade. You should also check with your department to see what their policy is on the transfer of credits from this status. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure that the courses will transfer and the department has given approval.
Applicants need to submit the non-degree application form.
- You will need to go to the drop-down in Program Information and select “The College of Engineering – FEEDS/EDGE Program”. This will avoid delays in processing your application. If you want to claim Florida residency for tuition purposes, you must provide the documentation that supports residency at the same time you submit the non-degree application.
- When an admission decision is made, you will receive an email notification. This email will include your 8 digit UF ID and further instructions on how to complete your registration.
Applicants may contact the departments for more information about the requirements and application process. Please, note non-degree seeking status is only approved for one semester at a time; therefore, students who wish to continue taking courses as a non-degree seeking student must apply each semester.
- Spring semester: December 16th
- Summer semester: April 25th
- Fall semester: August 5th